Medical Application of Shungite at the Health Resort “White Springs”, OJSC (OAO)
Shungite paste applications are used to treat osteochondrosis, radiculitis, arthrosis, and arthritis – 445 people have been treated; 8-9 applications per course of treatment.
Shungite baths are used to treat circulatory system disorders (such as coronary heart disease, essential hypertension and vegetative-vascular dystonia) – 610 people have been treated; 8 baths per person on the average.
Concentrated shungite water is used to treat chronic respiratory diseases and ENT diseases – 481 people have been treated; 10 procedures per course of treatment.
No side effects or deterioration have been reported during the course of treatment with shungite-based preparations.
While monitoring and controlling the performance of these medical procedures, positive effect has been seen, including:
- An increased range of motions in joints, relieved edema and pain in patients with musculoskeletal system disorders (after 4-8 shungite paste applications).
- Skin allergic reactions (nettle rash) ceased after 2-3 baths or applications with a concentrated shungite solution.
- Acute rhinitis symptoms were relieved after 2-3 inhalations with a concentrated shungite solution.
- Blood pressure stabilized in patients with vascular diseases (such as vegetative-vascular dystonia and essential hypertension) after 6-7 shungite baths.
- Positive effect has been seen in young patients applying concentrated shungite for treating common acne.
Along with therapeutic purposes, shungite is used in our health resort for filtering swimming pool water.
Tap water is additionally purified with a shungite filter in the health resort’s kitchen. This water with improved properties is used for making herbal decoctions and for cooking.
In view of the foregoing, the following conclusions regarding medical application of shungite can be drawn:
- Application of shungite-based mineral preparations encourages positive dynamics in patients with certain diseases and can be used for preventive treatment.
- Shungite preparations can be used in sanatorium and health resort treatment.
- Shungite-based mineral preparations have no age restrictions and can be used when mud therapy and some mineral baths are contraindicated.
- Domestic and industrial shungite water filters significantly improve tap water quality making it possible to use it for making herbal decoctions and tinctures and for cooking.
- Industrial shungite water filters are used to filter swimming pool water improving its color, physical and microbial composition.
- Shungite is affordable. Using it to improve human health is cost-effective.
- Formal acknowledgement of this mineral’s medical and ecological properties will enable to introduce and expand its application in medicine faster.
We also have experience in applying shungite in a relaxation room as one of the types of treatment rooms at our health resort.
We arranged our shungite room back in 2006 using licensed materials purchased from various companies, including shungite plaster, magralit and natural stone mined in the Zazhoginskoe field.
Additionally, such relaxation-enhancing elements as a comfortable sofa and chairs, special relaxing music, fountain, paintings and dimmed lighting were added to the shungite room.
Along with the shungite room, we have massage mats and back and articular overlays made of shungite to enhance the local therapeutic effect.
Measurement of the electromagnetic field strength and radiation examination of the room before and after equipping it with shungite were conducted by the Center of Hygiene and Epidemiology in the Republic of Komi. Its compliance with the hygienic regulations was confirmed and an operating permit was granted.
The shungite room was included into the treatment program of our health resort in May, 2006.
We used electropunctural scanning to examine the patients for whom sessions in the shungite room were prescribed. Each patient was examined twice: before entering the shungite room and after 10 sessions in the shungite room.
The examination was made with the use of an electropunctural scanner “КЭС-01” designed for screening diagnostics and treatment of functional disorders of various body systems.
A major distinctive feature of the КЭС-01 scanner is that it measures galvanic skin resistance in biologically active points with further computer processing of the recorded biophysical data. Its embedded software enables full algorithmic processing of the data in digital, color, graphic, and text modes.
The patients were examined with the КЭС-01 scanner using the method designed by Japanese scientist Nakatani in the early 50s of the 20th century based on his Ryodoraku theory. According to this theory, there is some close relationship between the functional state of the internal organs and electrical skin resistance in points located along the lines of the existing meridians. Nakatani called these lines changing their electroconductivity as a result of the changes occurring in the functions of their corresponding organs Ryodoraku (“line of good conductivity”).
Thus, we examined a group of 20 patients.
1. By age:
a) 20% - patients under 60 years of age;
b) 80% - patients older than 60 years.
2. By sex:
a) 20% - male patients;
b) 80% - female patients.
3. By nosology:
a) 30% of the patients we examined had cerebrovascular diseases with hypertension;
b) 30% - vertebral osteochondrosis;
c) 20% - coronary heart disease with essential hypertension;
d) 10% - bronchial asthma;
e) 10% - polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis.
Conclusions regarding the effect of the shungite room:
1. Having analyzed the results of the examination, we have come to a conclusion that the patients’ energy levels change and activation of their internal self-regulation mechanisms occurs after 10 shungite room sessions:
- a)Energy harmonization is seen in 40% of the patients;
- b)Activation of the slow course of the chronic process is seen in 40% of the patients;
c) The acute process regresses in 20% of the patients.
2. Having examined the relationship between the channels, we have discovered that
a) 50% of the patients have connection malfunction between the channels, and
i) in 40% of the patients this connection malfunction between the energy channels disappears or gets minimized after 10 shungite room sessions;
ii) 10% of the patients develop new connections.
3. The program to analyze the results of the measurements made with the use of the КЭС-01 scanner includes a section called “Diagnoses” – detailed functional conclusions on the function of the internal organs and systems of the body based on the results of the scanner reading and their program processing.
- 1)60% of the patients demonstrate a significant reduction in the number of such “diagnoses”;
- 2)No changes in the number of their diagnoses are observed in 20% of the patients;
3) 20% of the patients have new “diagnoses”.
4. We have also been monitoring the geodynamics indexes prior to and after the procedure which allowed us to notice stabilization of blood pressure in the patients staying in the shungite room: low blood pressure was increased, while high blood pressure was decreased by 5-10 mm Hg. No significant heart rate changes have been revealed.
Thus, after we began using our shungite room and examined those twenty patients that had sessions in it, we received the first positive results and are going to further use the shungite room monitoring the treatment results with the КЭС-1 scanner.